[3830] CQWW CW OH6XX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh6xx@sral.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH6XX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:46:52 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH6XX
Operator(s): OH6GLE, OH6XX
Station: OH6XX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  274    11       59
   80:  994    28      116
   40:  665    34      119
   20: 1123    34      122
   15:  217    31      114
   10:   36     5       12
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Yet another field day style two man multi op operation by us. Decided to run M/2
so we didn't have to mind about the ten minute rule in M/S. Running M/2 left us
both FT1000MP's with amps, one tribander each and shared low band antennas.

On 160m we did quite satisfying result. The antenna was a sloper with lower end
about 3-4 meters from ground. Still the high end was at about 55 meters hung
from ski jumping hill we have been using for years now. 160m dipole is a big
antenna hung this way.

On 80m we used the same inv-v we have been used to in past few years. The
feedpoint is at about 60 meters above ground and it shows in the result. We have
been very satisfied with this antenna and never felt weak on the band. The only
problem is that one end of wire is pointed directly to 310 degrees which is W/VE
from us. Well that is the only way we can erect the whole thing.

On 40m we used another sloper which more or less looks like vertical with one
radial. It pretty much works like crap. We were surprised to get as many
multipliers as we got. The runs were marginal. The antenna is maybe the best we
can put up now as we have to put the whole station up in Friday using daylight
which isn't too long time at this time of year in OH.

20m was our best band yet again. Sometimes it feels like we are spending too
much time on 20m but then again many times that is the only band we are getting
at least some decent runs. This time more than half of 20m QSOs were DX's which
is great.

15m was open but not good enough for our small setup to get any runs going. The
mult total is rather good eventhough no zones 3 and 4 were even heard.

10m was open to Germany and Chech Republic. Out of 36 QSOs about 25 were made
there. The rest of them are the other 10 mults.

The tribanders used were Force12 C3 and WRTC tribander by Finnish Antenna. We
used quite a few stubs in eliminating the interstation interference and
succeeded very well thanks to W2VJN's book. N1MM logger crashed a couple of
times but nothing too serious. Had to restart laptops couple of times because of
lost mouse control and lost internet connection through mobile network.
Everything went well and we'll be back. We are too hard headed to quit.