[3830] CQWW CW LX7I M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl4sdw@darc.de
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LX7I M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 05:19:00 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): LX2AJ, DL1EKC, DL4SDW, DL8SCG
Station: LX7I

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Eschdorf
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  363    11       58
   80:  729    24      101
   40: 1207    35      132
   20: 1683    35      126
   15:  849    36      123
   10:   36    15       36
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Thanks again to our host Philippe, LX2AJ.
Phil did this year a great job to improve his station. He build up a new tower
for 15m, the tower for 10m was build on a new place, the 160m dipole was
assembled 12 m higher and the k9ay-loop was improved. In view of this real good
station we wanted to participate as M/2, but one day before we have departed to
Luxemburg, one of our operators, DL5SEJ, falled ill and he could not come along
with us (Get well soon, Ralf!). So we decided to start in the M/S-Categorie, as
the years before. Mostly worked with Marcus (DL1EKC) and Jürgen (DL4SDW) at the
running station and Mr. Multiplier, Bernd (DL8SCG) at the Multiplier-Station.
Phil (LX2AJ) played the man with the lash in the backgroung and tried to
motivate us when the propagation was frustrating.

Unfortunately, our Dipole for 160 broke down on Sunday night, just before we
decided to call on that band. A thick layer of ice made a leg overweight and it
falled down. We repaired it at daylight and installed it at the old place, 12
meters down.

The conditions were great on the lowbands. The last 2 hours of the contest we
decided to work 160 with the low-hanging dipole and found the band in very good
conditions. Worked all continents in that 2 hours - not much a difference to
propagation on 40 or 80.
On 20m we had some good runs, especially at sunday afternoon, when we are able
to work the west-coast of USA for many hours, and on sunday morning we had a
very good opening to east-asia.
On 15m the conditions were poor. Only some short-time-runs to US. We missed the
usually JA-Pileup in the first hours of the daylight on both mornings and spent
too much time in cq-ing. Would be better to change to 20m at this conditions.

And 10m? There were no conditions on 10m. Worked some multipliers in the caribic
and south-america, only a few big stations from asia but nobody heard from NA.
For hours, the only dx-signal that could be heard in middle Europe was HC8N.
You'd think, that they had their own propagation with them in the luggage.
Thanks for the good job and the 6-band-multiplier and congrats for the super
score.

CU next in 160m-Contest in January.

greetings from the LX7I-Contest Team

74 de Jürgen, DL4SDW