[3830] CQWW CW 5J1W M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 5J1W M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:07:49 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 5J1W
Operator(s): AG9A,  NN1N,  K9ZO
Station: 5J1W

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:   85     8       19
   80:  764    23       85
   40: 2041    34      111
   20: 1583    36      123
   15: 1799    28      104
   10:  398    19       42
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

A very fun contest from the HK1AR station!  Thanks to Tony, W4OI for allowing us
to give it a go from his condo.  We had the usual problems to overcome, but in
the end it worked out pretty well.

Conditions were pretty good overall for us--especially on 80 and 40.  Sorry to
all who heard us on 160 but couldn't raise our attention.  We built something of
an Inverted L bent at the top of the tower but we just couldn't hear.  S9-plus
noise all the time.  Some playing with the TS930's notch and APF filters, while
slowly sweeping our frequency with the RIT yielded some QSOs that weren't louder
than S9.  If you worked us on 160, you have an excellent signal to Zone 9! :-)

We did not use any sort of outside spotting assistance.  We all wish the
spotting would go away! :-)  We wasted two hours working duplicates (over 350
dupes were logged) because people have a hard time copying Hs and 5s I guess. I
just have to wonder though why so many ops would log 5J1W and then believe that
the HJ1W spot (or vice versa) was really a new station.

We love the multi single category and rules.

CTWIN worked flawlessly.

We enjoyed meeting Pedro, HK1XX in Cartagena, and thanks for your help Pedro.
We also enjoyed spending a day with Rob, HK3CW and appreciate his help also.

Colombia is a beautiful and modern country full of friendly people.  We loved
it.

QSL via NN1N

73, Mark, AG9A, Ralph, K9ZO, Dave, NN1N