[3830] ARRL 160 VE3NZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, qrp.ben@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE3NZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 14:57:25 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE3NZ
Operator(s): VE3NZ
Station: VE3NZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:  QSOs = 450  Sections = 60  Countries = 4  Total Score = 58,368

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My inverted-L was still on the 80 mtrs band on Friday evening when I got home
from work and I did not want to climb the 50 ft tree in the dark. Saturday
morning I did my antenna workout (climbed the tree 2 times and once the roof of
the house), by 3pm I was all set for 160. Unfortunately missed the first night,
the better one of the two, but I still had about 19 hours of the action to
enjoy. Improved my personal record by 15 percent, despite of the single night
play. New Mark-V MP helped to protect my ears from statics, they were ringing
only a couple of hours after the contest. I had some nice runs of Ws and worked
almost all that I could hear. Sorry for missing some weak stations, my location
is super noisy. I don't think I will ever run HP here, it would make me an
alligator. Thanks for the QSOs.
73, George VE3NZ