[3830] ARRL 160 W1ZT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1zt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1ZT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:12:12 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1ZT
Operator(s): W1ZT
Station: W1ZT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 702  Sections = 71  Countries = 32  Total Score = 163,461

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Lots of activity but still no signals from KL7 or KH6 at this QTH.  Spent the
week before the contest setting up a pair of K9AY loops and control box and
hoped that I could hear through the city noise better.  Some improvement but
band conditions still not good enough for the longer range.  CA signals were
very weak with only a few stations readable here above the noise.  A great
opening to OH, LA, and SM on Sunday morning was a welcome change from poor polar
conditions in the last month.

Overall it was my best topband result.  The receiving loops and a new inverted L
wire are new additions for the DX season this year.  Still seeking WAS and DXCC
and now looking for LA and AK for the last states.  Still need another 10 DXCC
entities but the season is young.  Thanks to all for the QSOs and persistence in
completing the exchanges.  Topband contesting is a unique challenge.