[3830] ARRL 160 K7NV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7nv@contaesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7NV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 23:47:35 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: A Little
Operating Time (hrs): 9:00

Total:  QSOs = 453  Sections = 73  Countries = 5  Total Score = 72,306

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had fun getting a couple of sessions in between work.
Just evening gigs, ending aound 2-3 am. Didn't do any sunrise sessions to work
JA's and all that western stuff. Looks like some was there.
Friday night was more fun with better rates. Thanks to all for the q's. Good to
works lots of friends in the runs and S&P bits.

Sat nite I got started pretty late due to work. Rate not so good, hard to find
new guys to work on S&P. Decided to just camp out way up the band with a glass
of wine and just cq for a while and get ready for some sleep.....I'm stumbling
along working a few guys, then OK1AEZ calls in, of course, I make him send his
call several times, because I can't believe he's real. YUP! Clear as a bell.
15 min later DF2PY drops by. He sounds just like some guy in ME with a LP
dipole, but what the heck....it was fun to hear from these guys! Thanks to both
for giving me a try! Apologies to anyone else who may have tried that I couldn't
hear. It's pretty jolly to work any EU's from here with this stuff.

Had a great time for a few hours, thanks to all!
Worked more NV's in this one than I have in any domestic contest in the last 10
years.

73, Kurt

TS930, Alpha 78, deranged dipole apex @ 55', ends ~20'
Secret weapon: Full size 160m dipole 4' off the ground for receive, with a 20db
low noise figure preamp, it hears the OK & Wolf, and tons of stateside guys,
when they are absolutely non-existent on the high(?)xmit dipole. 2 antennas are
more fun than one. Lots of near ESP encounters...makes it pretty entertaining
for one who is just there for a few hours of fun.