[3830] ARRL 160 W0ETT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0ETT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:04:43 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 518  Sections = 76  Countries = 6  Total Score = 86,428

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Enjoyed the contest and the many loud signals on 160m.  It was interesting that
the band was active with workable signals from the outset of the contest, during
daylight hours.  6 dx worked with XE2TG, KV4FZ, 6Y0A and VP2E having loud S9 to
15db over 9 signals into Colorado at times.  VP2E was worked Friday evening
before the sun had set here.  Did hear PQ7Q in Brazil with s9 signals but he
couldn't pull my LP sig thru.  Missed only VY1, VE4, KL7, and NLI sections in
the test.  Did hear VE4VV but he was calling someone else...  Worked one new
country:  Japan.  JA0QNJ was patient enough to stay with me until he had all
info, allowing me to log my first Asian QSO on 160m.

During the contest, had many occasions to compare new shunt-fed tower with 45
radials on ground to inverted L antenna.  Shunt-fed tower did a nice job overall
giving me about 100 more Q's this year than last.  At times, I could hear better
on the L probably because of so much horizontal wire.

Worked GMCC members K0UK, K0RI, W0AH in SC, KJ0G, and KI0II.  Heard KV0Q and
K9BWI but no QSO.

73 Ken, W0ETT
Rig:  IC756 with 100w.