[3830] ARRL 160 NZ1U(KB1H) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NZ1U(KB1H) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:21:32 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NZ1U
Operator(s): KB1H
Station: KB1H

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 290  Sections = 64  Countries = 26  Total Score = 61,380

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was two contests in one! First night was good. Mostly S&P looking
        for DX. Tough to find a place to run so the DX can call in. When you
        operate for short periods as you pass by the rig you can't park on a
        frequency like the serious station do. Still fun!

        Then came the second night after losing the amplifier while tuning in
        the afternoon. Yipes! 160 barefoot! This was now the second half of
        contest this contest and it was totally different. Still worked a few
        DX but not the same! Hopefully I can get the amp repaired soon and can
        have HP again. About 0730Z the noise from the approaching snow was way
        too loud so gave up and went to bed.

        Thanks to all that dug out NZ1U the second night with my much reduced
        signal. Missed many West coast and CA. multipliers when reduced to LP.