[3830] ARRL 10 W5VX SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bparry@rgv.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W5VX SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:20:45 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W5VX
Operator(s): W5VX
Station: W5VX

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   CW:  441    67
  SSB:  784    81
-------------------
Total: 1225   148  Total Score = 493,136

Club: Contest Club Slovenia

Comments:

I hadn't planned to spend this much time, because I thought it the conditions
wouldn't be very good. I was certainly wrong. Conditions from late morning
through late afternoon were excellent. I have power line noise but it chose to
stay away during the best part of the day. My biggest supprise was the
scandanavian stations calling in on both phone and CW. I was really surprised at
the number of AL, VA, and KS stations it seemed like every ham in these states
were on. On the other hand, I didn't hear a single CA station during the first
full day of the contest. Cerainly gave the rate meter a workout.

Thanks to K5ZD who stopped by to tell me I was splattering.  I don't work much
phone and I think my grandson had adjusted the mike gain control.