[3830] ARRL 10 WD4AHZ SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WD4AHZ SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:16:27 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WD4AHZ
Operator(s): WD4AHZ
Station: WD4AHZ

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 34

   CW:  655    78
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  655    78  Total Score = 204,672

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Interesting Contest - as usual!

Friday night started out, as a December version of the "Florida QSO Party" ...
worked 26 Florida stations.

Saturday morning started slow - sort of how I expected things to go (and was
secretly dreading for a whole weekend).  Picked up a few guys here and there,
including a 9A, EA, and South America.  Had a hard time peaking US sigs on the
beam ... and found a good heading around 70 degrees (heading for EU as well, but
other than a YU calling someone, didn't hear anything else).

All of a sudden, 6's and 7's popped in ... swung the beam around, and started
having some fun!  Worked stuff pretty much all day Saturday until around 03Z,
when things finally died down.

Sunday morning, started off as a repeat of Saturday ... pretty slow.  For a
while, US signals were peaking around 170 degrees.  Did a lot of S&P'ing, since
I couldn't get anything going otherwise.  Picked up EA8, CU2, OH, and SM.  (Also
had driftnet beacon "BM" call me while trying to run ... but didn't log it!).

Band never really opened up like it did on Saturday.  Just to make things more
interesting propagation wise, even had some Aurora show up!  The last couple
hours were very slow, with the same handful of South American stations on.

If all weekend would have been like Sunday, I don't think I would have lasted
both days!

Ron