[3830] ARRL 10 N5DO SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N5DO SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:33:35 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   CW: 1004    77
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1004    77  Total Score = 309,232

Club:

Comments:

Conditions were much better than I had expected, with a great level of
participation.  Friday evening I worked a bunch of Texans, which is always neat
on 10M.  Saturday evening it was the time for California.  Until fairly late on
Sunday I had not worked Oregon; once I worked the first one they started rolling
in.  I ended up working all states except Alaska and missed a bunch of VE mults,
with only 19 DX mults.  My highest rate hours were 2000 on Sunday (95) and 1600
on Saturday and 1900 on Sunday (75 each).  The top two mults were California
with 72 and Texas with 50 (followed closely by New York and Florida with 49 and
46).

During slow hours I read K1TTT's new book.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and
recommend it to any contester.  It is especially good for those of us who live
far from any contest club as it allows us to learn more about our favorite
avocation from someone who has learned a bunch through the "trial and error"
process.

Congrats to K5NA for winning the battle of the Texas NA's -- it seemed like I
heard he and N5NA on constantly.  All-in-all it was a fun weekend!