[3830] ARRL 10 W1END SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1END SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 02:31:11 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1END
Operator(s): W1END
Station: W1END

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   CW:  101    33
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  101    33  Total Score = 13,332

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I kept thinking, "Things are getting bad. Time to change bands.  Whoops it's a
one-band contest."  So I made hourly ten-minute trips to the rig to see if
anything new was up.  While everyone was piled up on the loud signals from ZL6QH
on Sunday serendipity called me a few kHz below to work a much weaker ZL4BR who
had no pile-up.  Managed to work QH when the mob left for other pickings.
Sunday afternoon showed much improved conditions.
Found a pipeline to Florida.  Also worked more XE stations than usual.  The last
hour brought QSOs that were more telepathy than telegraphy.  Wow, there are some
great ears out there.  Towards the end I felt 100 QSOs was a good goal.  It
wasn't easy but I made 101.

Rig was TS830s and Butternut HF6V vertical.  Thanks to all.

Eldon - W1END