[3830] ARRL 10 AA4LR SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 AA4LR SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:06:19 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.3

   CW:  22     15
  SSB:   6      4
-------------------
Total:  28     19  Total Score = 1,900

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 and KAT100
Cushcraft A3S at 15m

Comments:

Tried the contest first at 0350z on Friday evening. Only found K4EA on CW
calling CQ, so I made that contact and went to bed. Tried again at 1345z the
next morning. Heard a few signals, very weak, but nothing workable. Didn't get
on until 2100z on Sunday, where things were very workable toward South America.
Phone rigs at 2130z, and it's long distance.

20 minutes later, I'm off the phone, but the band has all but closed.

Got the impression that conditions were pretty awful, so it wasn't so bad that
Christmas and family requirements kept me from participating further.