[3830] TBDC DL6RAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC DL6RAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 03:44:34 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: DL6RAI
Operator(s): DL6RAI
Station: DL6RAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN58VS
Operating Time (hrs): 10:16

Total:  QSOs = 302  Total Score = 1,500

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

SOAPBOX: Condx not extraordinary, but quite OK. JH4UYB was heard very loud
SOAPBOX: before sunset but  station was not ready at that time.  Caught him
SOAPBOX: later quite easily. Also another four JAs made it into the log.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Nice surprise was being called by DU9/N0NM and later by VK6VZ/6 at
SOAPBOX: his sunrise.  Found DU9 later calling CQ in vain for a while. I hope
SOAPBOX: he got a few callers as he was lou. Hrd VQ9LA very nicely too but he
SOAPBOX: only called a few  stations (and I was not among them).
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: North America opened early and by 00z the band was in full swing. Most
western
SOAPBOX: station  worked cas N0AC in IA. K0HA was heard pretty well around 0630z
but
SOAPBOX: could not raise his
SOAPBOX: attention.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: Win-Test lets you see a map ot grids worked.  This way I found that
SOAPBOX: SN2N initially sent wrong grid JO68 (which was in Sweden), but later
SOAPBOX: he corrected it to JO94.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: 9A contest activity merged into the Stew Perry challenge. Many
stations
SOAPBOX: have both QSO number and grid locator.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: TF4M refused to give a locator and sent only 599.
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX: CU in 2006!