[3830] TBDC ON4UN Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC ON4UN Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 08:40:54 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: ON4UN
Operator(s): ON4UN, ON5OO
Station: ON4UN

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: ghent
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 494  Total Score = 3,800

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Operators : John, ON4UN and Jack, ON5OO. This was more a fun operations that a
real contest battle?

time (GMT)      QSOs    DX
16-17 (30 min)  32      0
17-18 (50 min)  41      3
18-19           32      1
19-20           41      7
20-21           21      3
21-22           25      3
22-23           34      20
23-00           50      41
00-01           58      51
01-02           40      37
02-03 (30 min)  26      22
03-04 (30 min)  15      13
04-05           32      22
05-06           12      8
06-07           14      8
07-08 (40 min)  21      13

TOTAL           494     252

FACTS:
We made 494 Q?s, and just over half were outside Europe (95% North America)
Best distances: VK6VZ/6 (14.395 km), 4 JA?s, each approx. 9.300 km. VQ9LA (also
9300 km)
"Best DX": KL7HBK with 599 at 20:23 GMT, must have been mid noon in Alaska! He
was coming in right from the North (one Beverage I hardly ever hear something
on?)
Best distances out West: N2IC (NM), AA0RS and W0AH (CO), and a series of
stations in TX (N5T, K5NA, N5AU, K5BG, etc), K0HA (NE). No K7RA or N7JW, not a
single 6 or 7, so conditions were below what they have been the last week or so
to the Western USA! Too bad!
Other DX: S9SS, OX/DL7WB, P40TA, PJ2/WB9Z, KV4FZ, NP4Z, FG5FR, and a few UA9,
UA) and one UN.

CONDITIONS:
Intermittent snow ?snow-rain static problems. Very good propagation to USA
between 23:00 GMT and 01:00 GMT. After 02:00 the band collapsed. Another small
peak between 04:00 ? 05:00 GMT and NO sunrise peak at all (usually peak to West
coast between 06:45 and 07:45. Worked approx 235 NA stations.
We were able to work quie a few weak US-stations, because there was no QRN and
noise was very low except during a couple of short snow/rain storms.
One short JA peak at 19:40 GMT 2.5 hours before JA sunrise. NO JA sunrise peak
at all. Very little activity from UA9-UA0, and generally the same from Europe.
End-fire phase Beverages to USA are super (9A, S50, YU etc 40 to 50 dB down, as
well as all noise generated in South Easter Europe!)
Thanks to all who called us,and sorry for not having copied a few stations
calling us, but that were too weak for our ears, hi.
Merry Christmas and a Happy 2006!
John, ON4UN