[3830] TBDC K5NA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5na@texas.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC K5NA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:20:34 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA
Station: K5NA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM10
Operating Time (hrs): 7.3

Total:  QSOs = 186  Total Score = 855

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was a little burned out after 4 straight contests (and 6 contests in 7 weeks)
and wasn't up to doing an all-nighter. So I decided I would enter the new
"Search and Pounce Only" category and operate part-time.

Talk about putting yourself to sleep. I would tune slowly up the band and spin
the dial to the bottom again, doing this over and over. I discoved that I could
actually sleep while tuning the dial on a radio, but the dreams were a bit
strange. Don't ask, I can't remember them.

This is a nice contest format with a sensible exchange but the contest needs
more participation. I think having no packet categories discourages some
activity. Casual operators want to chase new countries and new states and tend
to use packet to do that.

Just the same, it is a nice contest on a great weekend for 160M. I always enjoy
it.

73, Richard - K5NA