[3830] TBDC TF3KX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tf3kx@simnet.is
Subject: [3830] TBDC TF3KX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 15:26:02 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: TF3KX
Operator(s): TF3KX
Station: TF3KX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: HP94 - Nr. Reykjavik
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 67  Total Score = 786

Club:

Comments:

Rig:  IC746, 100W (just put in 2nd xtal CW filter - a great help)
Ant:  12m/36ft tall temporary vertical (MFJ fiber pole) over metallic roof

Conditions were average, but luckily there was no major aurora activity here
that could otherwise ruined the operation.

I started out late but managed 5 hours of participation in the end and learned a
few more things about 160m propagation here.  Only about 20% of those that I
heard and called did hear me.  The justification I've been seeking for a
linear?

Most of the ops were patient getting the correct exchange through the noise,
when needed.  One or two were not and with incomplete grid information I had to
take them out of my log.

Some "highlights"...

P40TA, Aruba:  New on 160m, my farthest DX in this event, 6800km/4200mi
ON4UN:  Just got his book, which is full of good stuff for Xmas reading!
OY1CT:  Our neighbors in the Faeroes are relatively rare - tnx Caen...
TF4M and TF3YH:  '4M wasn't in the contest, but always good to log TFs on 160m

I participated once before in this contest (the 2nd year) and now that I'm back
on 160 I look forward to the next one.

73 - TF3KX