[3830] 9A CW SM3W(SM3WMV) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm3wmv@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] 9A CW SM3W(SM3WMV) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:13:17 -0800
                    Croatian CW Contest

Call: SM3W
Operator(s): SM3WMV
Station: SM3WMV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Bäck
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:   80    28
   80:  229    35
   40:  259    37
   20:  353    47
   15:   37    13
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  958   160  Total Score = 394,880

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to everybody for the qsos. As expected I would have too low qso point
average compared to guys further south. I worked only ONE US station on 20m, 8
on 40m, 2 on 80m and 1 on 160m. The lowband conds were quite good but 15m never
opened up hence the bad result on that band. I guess we will need to wait until
March before working anything on that band again.

Otherwise I am quite pleased with the result. I worked 100,000 points more than
in 2003 when 10 and 15m was open. I guess that difference is mostly becuase of
improved hardware and full SO2R capability. I worked as much as 24% of the qsos
(228 qsos) on the 2nd radio and it was rather boring during the night to hear
the same stations over and over on the 2nd radio :-)

The goal before the contest was 1000 qsos and make it into top 5. When it was
just a few hours left I went to hunt that goal and that made me miss a few qsos
on 15m I guess. I went to 20m too early and probably lost a few mults on 15m.
The only thing I really regret during the weekend, otherwise I could not have
done it better with the gear I have and location. My QTH suck way too much
towards NA to be really competetive but atleast in the smaller contests I can be
a little bit competetive. Hope I make that top 5.

New claimed SM record atleast...I'll do it next year aswell and hopefully with a
few more hardware upgrades, like a yagi on 40m :-)

Check the website for station information
http://www.sm3wmv.com

//Mike (SM3WMV // SM3W)