[3830] RTTY Roundup W1ECT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W1ECT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:17:53 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W1ECT
Operator(s): W1ECT
Station: W1ECT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Etna, NH
Operating Time (hrs): 17.8

------------
   80:  113
   40:  258
   20:  332
   15:  146
   10:    1
------------
Total:   50  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 54  Total Score = 93,500

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday:  For some reason I thought that the contest started at 3PM local time
rather than 1PM but fortunately I noticed the time on my GMT clock and only got
started a half an hour late.  I started on 15m, there was a bit of activity
there - all US stations.  As per usual I stayed on the band too long and after
an hour I moved to 20m there was quite a bit of activty - still mostly US
stations though I did pick up a couple South American and Caribbean stations.
At 2100z I moved to 40m and had a pretty good run of European stations.  Spent
the rest of the evening on 40m and 80m and was glad to hear that there was quite
a bit of activity on 80m.

Sunday: I got started much to late as usual, about 8:30AM (1330z) and there were
lots of Europeans to be worked.  I really should set the alarm so I can get
going earlier and take advantage of these openings.  One thing I notice is that
as we get to the bottom of the sunspot cycle when 15m and 20m close to Europe
it's quite dramatic, in a period of 10-15 minutes they just disappear.

I missed two states; Mississippi and Delaware.  The last state I put in the log
just as I was finishing up was Connecticut!  Worked several Alaskan and Hawaiian
stations and five Vermont stations.  Normally it's tough to find just one
Vermont station and a couple of guys asked me if I had heard any.  I had my best
multiplier total so far and nearly my best score - I really should have put in a
few more hours...

I only had one dupe - that's pretty amazing even in the era of computerized
contesting!

My only 10m QSO was kind of interesting.  At one point as I was switching from
15m to 20m and I thought I'd call CQ on 10m just for fun.  I was answered by
VE1OP who I had just finished working on 15m - what are the odds?

My best QSO was getting called by 6W8CK Sunday afternoon on 20m, this was my
only new RTTY DXCC country for the contest.