[3830] RTTY Roundup ZL4BR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zl2br@ihug.co.nz
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup ZL4BR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:04:04 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: ZL4BR
Operator(s): ZL4BR
Station: ZL4BR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Plymouth
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
   80:
   40:   70
   20:   87
   15:  140
   10:
------------
Total:  297  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 41  Total Score = 23,166

Club:

Comments:

Couldn't really get into this one. Poor propagation between hemispheres and to
the east. Best period was 0700-1200utc, good run of JA's on 40m and a mix of
JA/Oc/Eu on 15/20m, otherwise it was really slow going.

NA signals were outstandingly poor on 20m, only 9 NA worked. Only one VE heard
or worked on any band and nothing from South America. All the times I heard PJ2T
his signal was at ESP level. On the other hand there was an excellent turn-out
of Oceania stations, at least 24 were active from DU FK8 FO KH6 VK YB and ZL.

Being a mults once only contest I guess as a general rule Eu and NA stations
concentrated on working stations in their own continents on 80/40/20. 15m was
the only band open here for the final 6 hours and it produced just 35 contacts.

73, Frank ZL4BR