[3830] NAQP CW N0AV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0av@goldfieldaccess.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N0AV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 08:33:36 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N0AV
Operator(s): N0AV
Station: N0AV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  166    43
   80:  185    45
   40:  228    49
   20:  243    48
   15:   47    22
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  870   208  Total Score = 180,960

Club:

Team:

Comments:

I was going to sit this one out due to a sore back from sitting on hard
bleachers at too many high school basketball games but decided at the last
minute to get on and see how it went. At 1730Z I was setting up N1MM and
discovered that my new WinKeyer was not working with my SO2R box (I swore this
was ok a few weeks ago). So with less than 30 minutes to go before the start of
the test I searched for cables, tore up the station and went back to LPT
keying.

The cardinal rule of taking off times early in the test would have made sense
this time too but I opted to leave two 30 minute breaks for later in the contest
to give my sore back a break. I'm sure this helped my back get through the
contest but it certainly hurt my score.

The last couple hours of this test never cease to amaze me! The best rates and
most fun always seem to be at the end!

Lots of activity and big scores this time. Some of the top ops really have this
contest figured out.

73, Jim  N0AV