[3830] RTTY Roundup K4RO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K4RO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:32:06 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:   41
   40:  109
   20:  121
   15:   33
   10:    2
------------
Total:  306  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 20  Total Score = 20,808

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Fun contest, not much time devoted to it -- about 4 hours spread
out over the weekend.  My back is still a little messed up, and
I still can't sit for more than two hours at a stretch.  Also, my
Tailtwister was still broken, so I wasn't really in any kind of
competition mode, either station-wise or operator-wise. The final
nail in the coffin was that N1MM Logger no longer runs on my computer.

I tried in vain to get N1MM working, but I couldn't even get the
program to start properly.  I thought this was especially odd, since
I had used it in the past successfully for RTTY contests.  It was a
disappointment to not be able to get N1MM running, because I was all
ready to test out SO2R RTTY for the first time.  I was able to use good
old TR-Log with the ancient PK-232, and it worked well, but one radio.

The good news was that Monday the weather and my schedule finally
co-operated, and I replaced the Tailtwister. Climbing is no problem --
I just can't sit. (Argh!)  Tomorrow I see the chiropractor and the
massage therapist, and if I'm lucky I'll be back in shape for the
CW NAQP this weekend.  The CW NAQP is one of my most favorite contests,
and I've practically built my station around it.  I still can't seem
to win it yet, but one of these days, I tell ya!

BIG congratulations to AD4EB for a terrific full-time effort and score.
I hope you make the Top Ten in this one OM Jim. You earned it.

Having a rotator at 95 feet that works: invaluable.
Having the knowledge and confidence to replace it myself: priceless.

73

-Kirk  K4RO