[3830] NAQP CW W5OV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5ov@w5ov.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W5OV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:40:16 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W5OV
Operator(s): W5OV
Station: W5OV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:   60    25
   80:   39    19
   40:   36    20
   20:   55    28
   15:   20     8
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  210   100  Total Score = 21,000

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I was not able to operate full time due to other non-radio activities around the
house but worked a lot of old friends in the few, spread-out hours that I was
on.

Very wierd to make more qsos on 160 than on any of the other bands.  I spent way
more time on 20 and 15, but the condx were awful.  Too bad, as condx were really
good on Friday.

I switched to N1MM software not too long ago, and this stuff is the cat's
pajamas for sure.  Thumbs up to N1MM & his team.

I used my old nickname, given to me 25+ years ago by N2NT because of my original
callsign, WA2OVE.  I spaced the letters out, and many QSLed without asking for a
repeat.  Did they get it right?  I did get a few "hi" responses too - whether
they all knew where it came from and were chuckling, I don't now.  Either way,
it was a fun contest.

Now, you partially know why I picked W5OV and turned in N5NJ - which is a great
callsign too.

73 all!

Bob W5OV
ex N5NJ, KR2J, WA2OVE