[3830] NAQP SSB W0ETT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@msn.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W0ETT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:34:29 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:   39    21
   80:   70    28
   40:   72    33
   20:  224    43
   15:   40    19
   10:    4     1
-------------------
Total:  449   145  Total Score = 65,105

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Broncos #2

Comments:

I thought condx were pretty poor for this NAQP on most bands.  20 mtrs however
was the place to be!   Could be that my TH7DX and 2 el 40m yagis with a bum
rotater and being stuck to the south might have had something to do with it.
The A3 yagi on the other tower worked out okay but seemed to lack the punch of
the TH7DX.  80m and 160m verticals (shunt fed tower) seems to work okay but
signals were not as strong as other contests...perhaps due to the 100w
limitation in the naqp.

Had fun with the contest and using the Bronco name.  Unfortunately, our use of
the Bronco name did not energize the team on Sunday which put in a very lack
luster effort against the steelers.  Seemed like they were moving at about 75%
speed while the steelers were going at 110%.  There's always next year...

Worked a number of Broncos team members:  K0UK, WA7LNW, KU7Z, K0GAS, K0FX, N0HF,
N4VI, W0ZA, K0RI, and WA0RSX;  and, worked several of them on more than one
band.  Also worked GMCCer K0EU who was operated by Randy's jr op Thomas (11 yrs
old) who did a very fine business job working more than 80 stations.  Never
heard K0DU.  KO7X sent me an email that he had a terribly long day starting at
about 3:45 am and got back at 10:30 pm worn out.  He says he will see us in the
next one.

NAQP sure has a good contest format with ability to work again on each band and
multipliers on each band.  If only Sweepstakes had this format it would be 100%
better.

73 Ken, W0ETT