[3830] NAQP SSB NA1QP(W1CTN) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NA1QP(W1CTN) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:21:04 -0800

Total:  551   139  Total Score = 78,793

Club: CONNECTICUT RADIO SOCIETY

Team:

Comments:

Equipment:
FT 1000mp Mk5 @ 100 watts output
MFJ Voice Keyer...aka "The Bug Light"

Antennas:
160 - 1/4 Wave inverted L 40' vertical section x 35 100' radials
80  - 2 element wire beam @ 40'
40  - 2 element wire beam @ 40'
20-10 Tennadyne T10 10 element log periodic @ 43'

Lots of noise on the low bands - no propagation on 10 meters - 80 meters
was my money band, with 20 following. I had a few nice runs which is always nice
for a 100 watt station. 40 faded early with a couple of brief openings
later. 160 activity spread all the way to 1925 khz.

I need to put out some short Beverages and BOGS for low band reception. I was
going to put out a 40 meter Beverage and I wish I did, it was even noisy
there.
Without good receiving antennas on the low bands it is always a uphill
battle.

The 80 and 40 meter beams were too low but they seemed to work. Not great, but
they worked. They were full size, interlaced and suspended from a rope boom with
.2 wavelength spacing from the driven element to the reflectors. At least I can
say I have used a 80 meter beam !

Look for The Connecticut Radio Society in all NAQP events.

73
Dave NA1QP