[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W2FU Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W2FU Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:16:52 -0800
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: W2FU
Operator(s): W2FU, K2DH, WA2TMC, KV2X, K0SM, K2DB, N1MU
Station: W2FU

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  282    59
    2:  332    56
  222:  101    37
  432:  108    34
  903:   20    11
  1.2:   22    10
  2.3:   13     8
  3.4:   12     8
  5.7:   10     6
  10G:   13     5
  24G:    4     1
-------------------
Total:  923   237  Total Score = 394,368

Club:

Comments:

Well, We apologize to those that went to 432 with us and we were 10 KHz high!
Not sure how long the transverter had done this one on us....

We also apologize to those we lost going to 903/1296.  Our 2.3 and up was
working great all weekend, but somehow we had essentially no antenna on 903 and
1296 until about 1:30 pm Sun afternoon.  I finally pulled the old rover 1296 6'
looper and the 5' 903 yagi out of the barn and we bolted them to the side of the
rotating tower at about 40'.  At that time, we had 3 grids on 903 and 2 on 1296,
not to mention that K2DH and I were trying to figure out what was wrong and
certainly we weren't in the chair!

Our 2 and 6 meter ops essentially pulled this one out for us bettering last
years numbers on those bands by wide margins.

Few rovers out here in WNY this year, special thanks to K2LDT/R and K2QO/R who
made the effort and gave us a significant number of our uwave QSOs.

Tony WA8RJF  -  6 though 5760....FN13HE to EN91IQ  361 km  Next year, 10 gig?

We used new software this year, N1MM logger.  Worked well, for detailed comments
from us on this for VHF, see the N1MM Yahoo Group posting.

Jeff