[3830] CQ160 CW VE6EX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dlazar@telusplanet.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE6EX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:54:53 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Calgary AB
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 185  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 1  Total Score = 36,722

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Hi:
   Well I just had to try it--- 160m doing QRP. ER' I guess I have to say that I
did some in the other events, but this was my first "Q" event on 160. Boy did it
ever have some ups, and downs. My only dx was AK Hi!!
   Thanks for all the trys, Q's lots that were hopeless....
   Working the East coast was the big plus. The plan of attack was to try and
hit the openings as best I could and work in the shop when the sigs were down
(to help stay awake ). Having a rig/rcvr in the workshop is a big plus. I must
say that this year was a bit of a down compared to the 600q's of last year but
that extra 95 watts is a big deal on 160!!!
   VE6EX was a shunt loaded 60' tower and hf ants, a ts940s turned down to qrp
peak pwr and TRLOG...in residential Calgary.
   Cheers, Dan..