[3830] CQ160 CW K3STX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3stx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K3STX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:56:29 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 380  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 13  Total Score = 61,710

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That sure was fun!! It is really amazing what an inverted L, a few radials (only
one of them longer than 35 feet), 100 watts and some CW filters can do. It sure
was fun trying to find someplace to run, the band was PACKED and on Saturday
morning, especially, Europe came in here well enough that I worked into Europe
for the first time ever. I am glad I avoided the DX window, most of my DX
contacts were outside of it.

I am 100% hooked on this contest, it was just GREAT!! And very family friendly
too, as you can do well when the kids are sleeping and play with them all day
when the band is relatively dead. It just makes for one tired parent.

paul