[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N3NGE Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF N3NGE Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:09:03 -0800
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: N3NGE
Operator(s): N3NGE  W2PED  K1WHS  KF6AJ  N4HY  N3EXA  N3AD  N2NC
Station: N3NGE

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  397    50
    2:  479    54
  222:  128    29
  432:  169    32
  903:   44    12
  1.2:   58    14
  2.3:   39    11
  3.4:    2     2
  5.7:   13     6
  10G:   14     6
  24G:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1344   217  Total Score = 527,310

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Band conditions were flat. Activity was a bit low, possibly due to wonderful
warm and sunny weather here in Eastern Pennsylvania on Saturday, and football
games on Sunday.

We had a real good crew in the shack with some fresh operators showing up on
Sunday. Having enough ops certainly aided in getting the score up to a
respectable level.

Equipment upgrades are a continual effort here and that also contributed to a
successful operation. Except for the handicap of a broken rig on 3456MHz that
could not be recovered, the equipment worked fairly well. We did have a few
computer issues, some intermittent audio, and a stuck rotor, which were all
fixed on the fly.

This was the fourth year of multi-op efforts and the best score to date as we
continue to build up the station and invite some good operators to help keep it
on the air. We all had a very good time contesting, did a little socializing,
and enjoyed some great meals together.
73, Len N3NGE