[3830] CQ160 CW N5AU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N5AU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:16:18 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N5AU
Operator(s): N5AU
Station: N5AU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 492  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 33  Total Score = 237,600

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

I couldn't believe how many stations in Europe I could hear using only the
transmit sloper for RX.   Most were not too loud, but good enough to work.
Conditions must have been very, very good to allow me to hear so many with no
beverages, no special RX antennas of any kind.   Due to the lack of good RX
antennas, plus local noise that comes and goes, I didn't call CQ much.   I had a
couple of decent runs for about 10 minutes each on Saturday.

Station:  FT1000MP/5 - AL-1500 - 1/2 wave sloper hanging off 200 foot tower
facing SE.