[3830] CQ160 CW KB7Q Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene@geneshea.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KB7Q Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:51:23 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KB7Q
Operator(s): KB7Q
Station: KB7Q

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 699  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 12  Total Score = 123,148

Club:

Comments:

We?re snowbirding in our RV out on the BLM lands near the Arizona/California
border again this winter. I put up the balloon vertical over 60 radials for the
contest. It seemed like a slow start Friday night ? lots of rapid QSB and a
fairly high noise level made for many repeats, but by sunrise I had 423 contacts
logged. ? Slightly better then I did in all of last year?s contest.  Saturday
was much more fun ? I could hear Maine and Japan at the same time! Highlights:
Having ZL6QH pop out of nowhere for a quick QSO off my CQ, giving up on the
BA4RF pile up and finding a lonely UA0DC calling CQ 10 Khz higher, and working
a string of 20 JA?s at 10 points each. Fun, fun, fun!
        Gear: Just built baby K-2  feeding an RM KLA-300 solid state amp at 120
watts out (RV batteries permitting), N1MM logger, and a five foot helium balloon
holding up 130 feet of #18 wire. Now to roll up and store all those ground
radials!
73,
Gene, KB7Q