[3830] CQ160 CW N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ronspencer@nc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 04:21:50 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 856  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 48  Total Score = 338,580

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a fun contest. Really opened to Europe Friday night/ Saturday morning to
make it interesting. Had to move well up the band, above 1855 to find a good
clear spot. Thanks to all the stations who actually ventured up that high! A
personal best score for me and first time I've worked all 50 states (thanks
KL7RA!!). Nebraska was last state worked.

I continued to be impressed with the Orion. A very quiet receiver that does well
in a crowded band. Even with that it was difficult to find a clear spot to
run....even up at 1855+. Wish we had more of these 160 contests!

Rest of station:
Inverted L with about 55' vertical
AL1500
5 beverages (well 3 with 2 being switchable in direction). Had just put up a
closely spaced parallel beverage to Europe and that worked well.

73

Ron
N4XD
NC