[3830] NA Sprint SSB K0OU HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ou@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K0OU HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:41:08 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   77
   40:   95
   20:   36
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: Lids from 9&0 Land #1

Comments:

36 Q's on 20 - geesh - nothing to the east, just west. 40 meters was long at the
beginning, so no close-in mults. I've never heard the bands like this - even 80
meters was good only to the west. Hope the CW sprint is better. Maybe will be
able to hear more than just the big signals from CA, WA, es OR. NK7U was
everywhere. Some locals got on and gave me MO - and then the highlight was
having VY1MB answer my CQ on 20 meters in the first hour. Only mults heard but
not worked were SC and AB. Never heard easy mults like NH, AL, KY, MI, VE2,
VE7.
What's with the spanish speaking guys on 3.830? They were there all evening and
didn't respond to a QRL but jumped all over the CQ Contest's and I never heard a
callsign. That's a new one to add to the Window-cops on 3.799.5.
CU all on CW - 73 es tnx for the Q's - Steve K0OU