[3830] NA Sprint SSB K5PTC(N1LN) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@consolidated.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K5PTC(N1LN) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 08:47:34 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K5PTC
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0
Radios: SO2R

   80:   84     1.5
   40:  101     1.5
   20:   45     1.0
---------------------

Club: Pesky Texan Contesters

Team: Team Seahawks

Comments:

After reading some of the other postings, it is comforting to know that the less
than optimal band conditions were felt by many.  At first I was thinking that it
was just another South Texas evening.  In the first 15 minutes I had managed to
get 27 Qs.  Great start - bad finish.

Hour 1  -  71
Hour 2  -  57
Hour 3  -  56
Hour 4  -  46

The strong signals were all from California.  I made 68 Qs with California.
Washington was in second place with 18.  New England was there but few and far
between (total 3 Qs) and forget the Gulf Coast - NOTHING HEARD HERE between
Texas and Florida.  Then came my inability to work regular couplets.  If I did
not get beat out on the front end there was no callers for the back end.  I
never really felt loud, but I did get a few "great signal" comments.

Mults missed:  Al, Ak, Ar, De, Id, Ky, La, Me, Ms, Mt, Nd, Ne, Nm, Ny, Ri, Sc,
Ut, Ve1, Ve2, Ve5, Ve6, Ve7

Mults heard - not worked:  Ak, Ky, Nm, Sc, Ve7, Ut (bad timing)

I hope my score helped the TEAM SEAHAWKS!  Also hope the conditions and
participation are up for next week's CW Sprint.

This is the last SSB Sprint from this QTH.  The station will be taken down after
the CW Sprint in prep for a move to Chapel Hill, NC.  Hope to be on the air by
late 2006.

Station:

FT1000MP x 2
AL 1500