[3830] NA Sprint SSB NA4BW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB NA4BW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:56:52 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: NA4BW
Operator(s): NA4BW
Station: NA4BW

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   57    1.75
   40:   43    1.50
   20:    3     .75
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: Southern Sprint Coalition #1

Comments:

That's not a typo for 20m. The 3 stongest signals on that band were the only 1's
worked K0UK, K7SS and W7KB and that was after mucho chasing. Incredulously, I
found myself searching 40m 10 minutes into this thing. No one there. The
thoughts start to run thru your mind - correct antenna? coax short? is the
antenna still up? As N4PN mentioned re: MNQP earlier in the day -things seemed
fine on 20m for that, but that certainly didn't last here. So from 0027 to 0056,
zero q's. Talk about ready to throw something.....For the math wizards correcto
- that's 3q's in 56 minutes.

Then as the heard migrated to 40, and only after all the aftershocks and the big
guys had run out of folks to work did I stand a chance to do anything. Good
thing for me they were trolling deep. REAL DEEP. Ditto that on the move to 80
where at least I can actually CQ and get a response, well - about 7.28% of the
time....

Awards -
Big sig leaders by band 20m - W7KB; 40m - NK7U; 75m - N4OX.
Patience award - AD5OS -thanks!!
73's Brian