[3830] NA Sprint CW K5AF LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, PaulKB8N@AOL.Com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K5AF LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 07:04:01 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K5AF
Operator(s): K5AF
Station: K5AF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00
Radios: SO2R

   80:   92
   40:   89
   20:   58
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Rangers

Comments:

First Sprint in a while and was I rusty! I was making a lot of mental mistakes
and my fingers wouldn't hit the right keys.  I luckily worked everything I heard
except for KL7WV.  I sure there were some easy mults out there for the picking,
but I just didn't hear them.  Just one VE in the log, what's happening there?

I felt like every QSO was a challenge, but I also sensed that several folks were
overwhelmed and packed it up early, there just wasn't that big rush at the end
of the contest.  I had set a goal of 240x40 and just missed it.  Maybe next
time!

Can we deconflict the Sprint schedule with the RTTY contest?  We lost a lot of
participation from the non-Extras on 40M.

I also like the idea of 160-80-40, 40-20-15 and 20-15-10 Sprints at the
appropriate time of day, year and sunspot cycle. This is the ultimate contest,
why not expand it to other bands?

73,  Paul, K5AF