[3830] NA Sprint CW W5JAW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5jaw@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W5JAW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 08:27:57 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W5JAW
Operator(s): W5JAW
Station: W5JAW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   80    1.25
   40:   80    1.75
   20:   50     1.0
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Rangers

Comments:

MarkV Field 100wd  SO1R
Modified 40m Carolina Windom @ 30'

My second Sprint.  About same results as last year, but LOTS more work this time
what with condx and 40m distractions.  As usual on 20, I was always sucking hind
tit.  40 is usually my best band, but really struggled there too.  Never would
have thought that 80 would be my best rate band, with a half sized, low
antenna.

One kick in the butt was being called by J79WI on 80 near the end of the
contest.  Heard him CQing with no answers after that.

Apoligies to the guys who I slowed down when making bad typing mistakes.  My
keyboard broke a few hours before the contest, and I had to get a replacement.
I changed over to a curved, ergonomically sound version that is a lot more
comfortable to use.  Unfortunately, in the heat of battle, my lmited muscle
memory wanted to still use the old keyboard.  I especially remember one qso with
Tree where I screwed up big time, and then could not answer the pileup calling
afterwards.  All told, I figure I lost about a dozen Q's because of this
problem.

Still the coolest contest going.  And yes, rescheduling to avoid RTTY contest
would be a good thing.

Jim, w5jaw