[3830] NA Sprint CW K3STX LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3stx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K3STX LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:20:24 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 2.75

   80:   51
   40:   34
   20:   24
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC/FRC #2

Comments:

That was the least fun I have ever had in any contest! Running low power I am
used to losing out in pile-ups, but I think I lost in EVERY one, except at one
point K4BAI picked me out and gave me a call. Thanks, John, I guess there is one
good reason to keep active and keep your call in peoples head.

My goal was 200 Q?s (previous best 160); I was not even close. Not a single VE
mult, missed almost all W1 and W7 mults. 20 was actually pretty strong, but
nobody heard me. I must have left my CQ?s a dozen times just to search out
ANYBODY to talk to. Although I was tired (took my kid skiing for the first time
this year on Sat. morning), I don?t think I can blame it on THAT too much.

If it were not for being a part of PVRC#2 I would have pulled the plug after the
first hour. After lots of anticipation, this one was really disappointing.

paul K3STX

wire verticals for 40 and 80; 110' ladder-line fed dipole up 60' for all else.