[3830] RTTY WPX WY3X SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WY3X SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:02:04 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WY3X
Operator(s): WY3X
Station: WY3X

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  102  242
   40:  114  358
   20:  109  208
   15:   27   58
   10:    2    6
-----------------
Total:  354  872  Prefixes = 181  Total Score = 157,832

Club:

Comments:

Had a fantastic time in the WPX. Contesting bug bit this winter-I hardly ever
contested in 23 yrs. of being a ham. RTTY was always my favorite mode back in
the 80s and 90s, and after working this contest, I remember why. Its simply the
most enjoyable mode. After being qrt for many years, and only operating during
winter months since 2003, I haven't had much chance to work on any awards. I
only needed HI and AK for the LOTW WAS award (mixed), and I worked both over the
weekend! (AL1G and AH6OZ-thanks for your patience). I'm antenna restricted, so I
was amazed what 75 watts and a 160-10 G5RV hidden in the back yard can do. Total
of 90 DX countries (40 actual countries, some same countries logged several
times for the 90 total), and 43 states. I appreciate everyone who takes the time
to listen for the weaker stations like mine. I'm looking forward to working
everyone in the NAQP contest in two weeks. What excuses can I give the XYL for
contesting after spring arrives? Was it just me or was the propagation worldwide
fantastic this weekend?(!) And, this is the bottom end of the sunspot cycle.

For fans of N1MM Logger:
=======================
I started out using N1MM for logging for the first time. After the first hour, I
had enough of it, and finished with MixW which I already felt comfortable with.
I couldn't believe MixW allowed me to import my log I started on N1MM Friday
night. Maybe I didn't give N1MM enough of a chance, but there's too many errors
that I was making, i.e., giving a S/N of "0" because I forgot to spacebar to the
S/N field, I didn't like the MMTTY waterfall display at all, I also unchecked
the feature that when the mouse slides over a callsign it puts in into the
callsign box automatically, but it still continued to do so and several times I
was sending the wrong callsign inadvertently. Email me if you think that N1MM is
worth another try for NAQP - wy3x@arrl.net. All comments, suggestions and help
is appreciated.

73--Scott
WY3X