[3830] RTTY WPX ZS2EZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zs2ez@axxess.co.za
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX ZS2EZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:27:31 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: ZS2EZ
Operator(s): ZS2EZ
Station: ZS2EZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KF26TA
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:    1     6
   40:   46   268
   20:  233   694
   15:  117   344
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total:  397  1312  Prefixes = 258  Total Score = 338,496

Club:

Comments:

My first-ever WPX RTTY contest, and had a blast! Despite very modest antennas
and a dicey amplifier, plus dismal conditions, I really enjoyed myself and was
satisfied with my score. It's not easy being so far south and out of everyone's
beam direction! Not much heard from the East - no JA's heard at all, and very
little else from that direction either. The vast majority of my contacts came
from Europe and the USA. Only heard 4 other ZS stations active, and worked 2 of
them. 80m was hopeless - very noisy and could only hear a couple of Europeans -
battled for one contact before giving it up. 10m just didn't open at all here.

STATION: TX/RX : Kenwood TS-870S
      ANTENNAS : HyGain TH3JRS @ 30ft (10-15-20); G5RV @ 30ft (80-40)
         TUNER : MFJ-989C
     AMPLIFIER : Heathkit SB-230   running 400W (max legal limit)
      SOFTWARE : N1MM LOGGER 6.16 with MMTTY

Looking forward to the next RTTY contest!!