[3830] RTTY WPX NA5U SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, na5u@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NA5U SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:45:05 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NA5U
Operator(s): NA5U
Station: NA5U

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Texas (32-51N 97-12W
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   80:  112   258
   40:  272   746
   20:  381   668
   15:  124   194
   10:    2     6
-----------------
Total:  891  1872  Prefixes = 336  Total Score = 628,992

Club:

Comments:

Station:
        Station: Yaesu Mark-V FT-1000MP/Icom IC-718
        Antennas: 5-Band Delta Loop @ 40?, Butternut HF2V 2 Band Vertical
        Computer: Homebrew 1.2G w/500M memory and dual 17? monitors
        Software: WriteLog V10.57H

Comments:
Another fun one and thanks for all who called. It seems more and more are
joining the ranks of RTTY contesting. However, I have to wonder if the 3Y0X
operation may have drawn some away. Sunday afternoon was brutal for my LP
station to hold a frequency or at least be heard on 20/40M; so I opted to S&P
looking for mults more than normal. This led me to arrive at the following
axiom, ?If you tune-em-work-em. If ?red?, keep tuning, if ?green? try hard and
if ?yellow? try really hard?. This of course comes from a WriteLog perspective,
i.e. ?red? = worked, ?green? = new station and ?yellow? = new mult.  For me this
was a contest of dupes. I don?t remember this many in contest past. One fellow
called with his 64th contact. He called me again with number 78. Then later had
called again, said it was a dupe, paused and wouldn?t quite calling until I
responded. This sure had me scratching my head, oh well. Still being a relative
newbie to RTTY, I want to thank Jim, AD1C who took the time to educate me on 5NN
vs. 599. 5NN creates an unnecessary shift to facilitate the NN; so I have
changed my messages to 599 for more efficient decoding. I am looking forward to
the NAQP in two weeks and I?m really looking forward to the return of a true
5-Band contest, i.e. return of the next solar cycle peak.