[3830] RTTY WPX LZ8A(LZ2BE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX LZ8A(LZ2BE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 05:55:03 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: LZ8A
Operator(s): LZ2BE
Station: LZ8A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KN33gm
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

   80:  247  1036
   40:  466  2072
   20:  701  1678
   15:  176   490
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 1590  5276  Prefixes = 585  Total Score = 3,086,460

Club:

Comments:

My targets were to make 1500 Q's and to take the rest periods at right time.
First one was achieved 100%, while second one 50% ;-)
There were a lot of highlights and fun, which I'm not going to describe, but
there were two things which I don't like.
Some guys are taking contesting too serious and trying to win "dead or alive".
For me it is a part of my hobby and I'm working for fun.
It was second afternoon on 40m, when I was CQ'n more than an hour and a polish
stn came on same freq and began to CQ. Tryed to explain him that freq is QRL,
while he was "not hearing" me at all. Come on guy - I'm running Acom-2000A at
full power, I have EU/AS pileup, you are answering on same QRG and you don't
hear me!?
Second thing are DUPE QSO's. It took me at least 5 min to agree a high scoring
Ukrainian stn that he is not in my log. It is very simple - if someone tells you
you are not in his log just press F2 key. Log checking program will ignore dupe
QSO's.
Despite those small issues it was a realy nice contest.
Thanks to all who made a QSO with me and CUAGN next time!
73 Boyan LZ2BE / LZ8A