[3830] ARRLDX CW WX3B M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WX3B M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:15:40 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B, N3SB, N3ST, ND3D, N3CA
Station: WX3B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:   62    41
   80:  139    63
   40:  193    71
   20:  573    91
   15:  148    67
   10:   15    10
-------------------
Total: 1130   343  Total Score = 1,160,712

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A Great treat - low bands in excellent condition, 15 & 20 meters fun too.

Highlights:  Being able to Run Europeans on 40 meters, thanks to the N3OC wire
beam.  Breaking the 20m S9SS pileup in one call.  Having Michael, N3CA work a
TU2 on 15 meters that I told him was way to weak for him to bother calling (I
think there's a lesson here).  Fun ending up in some of the same pileups as
WX0B.  That's bad news for whoever works the station first.  Great having Steve
N3SB (major Station builder/antenna party expert) over for a few hours Friday -
and watching Bryan, N3ST click off the countries on 80 & 160.  ND3D spent
several hours working on the 15 meter country count while pouncing away.  N3CA
got some CW practice and vows to learn the code.

All systems are OPERATIONAL for WPX!!!

First time using N1MM Logger in a completely networked environment.  I loved it.
 Several failures (but unique to an individual PC only) when I pushed the wrong
button.  Love the "Enter Sends Messages" feature.  I'll never go back to the
function keys again while running.  Lots of nice little features in N1MM that
you learn about as you get better with the product.  Network was very robust and
stable.

Low Points:  WIND, WIND and more wind...and at my house there is unresolved
static and power line noise in high winds and low temperatures.  Never thought
I'd say this but I wish the line noise would STAY ON!!!  Power company is ready
to fix it...when it's a problem.

I look forward to operating part time in ARRL DX SSB - then FULL TIME in the CQ
WPX Contest!

73,

Jim Nitzberg   WX3B