[3830] ARRLDX CW K5AF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K5AF SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:50:49 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5AF
Operator(s): K5AF
Station: K5AF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    9     7
   80:   26    16
   40:   41    30
   20:  106    52
   15:   42    31
   10:   12     8
-------------------
Total:  236   144  Total Score = 110,000

Club:

Comments:

I made a serious mistake by not starting a contest log.  I was planning on
operating very casually and logged everything in my General QSO log.  Conditions
were better than expected and I had more fun than expected, so I ended out
logging quite a few contacts.  I had to pull the info out of my GenQSO log and
try to estimate a score.  I will cut and paste my QSOs into a separate log.dat
file and try to get a more accurate score.  Duping was obviously difficult, so I
hope I didn't give out too many.

I didn't expect such good conditions.  First of all, 80M was incredible on
Friday night.  Despite a very short stay on the band, I don't ever recall
working as many European stations so easily.  I also felt the 20M openings to
Europe on both mornings seemed quite good, particularly early on Sunday morning.
 I've done a lot of tweaking on my antennas, and the effort seems to be paying
off. Hopefully we're past the bottom of the cycle and things will only get
better.

Thanks to all for the Qs.

Paul, K5AF