[3830] ARRLDX CW VO1MP SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VO1MP SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:14:29 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VO1MP
Operator(s): VO1MP
Station: VO1MP

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NL
Operating Time (hrs): 30.5

  160:  113    51
   80:  187    66
   40:  425    85
   20:  407    88
   15:   21    82
   10:   13    10
-------------------
Total: 1304   382  Total Score = 1,494,384

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Rig : FT1000MP Field & Alpha 87a

Antennas :
5 element   10 meter owa
5 element   15 meter owa
2 Loops    20 meters
2-El Loop   40 meters ( SWITCHABLE NE/SW)
dipole      80 meters
shunted twr 160 meters

Software;  N1MM  Contest logger

Soapbox :

Wind and Winter  the  wicked Wrecker  twins  decided a few weeks earlier that I
would not have a 20 meter  beam
for this contest, not a big surprize just a normal winter here hi!
Conditions seemed very good , for this part of the cycle ... however I spent
most of Friday installing a wire array
for 20 meters , and fixing other antennas long after dark ..... so when contest
started I was a bit spent.
Mebbe I should go to a warm and sunny place for this contest where weather and
antenna work won't adversely affect these old bones ?.
Played mostly S&P for the contest  except for a few runs on 20 and 40
nice to catch quite a few DX stns on all 6 bands...... compliments of the
opening on 10 meters on Sunday.
Always FUN to run  exchange reports with a load of regular dx calls in this
contest ...one of my favourites.
Internet Connection to K1TTT's fine cluster  was in operation here all week
end... think I may have to suspend that practice... kinda makes one lazy hi !

Hope to be in better shape for the SSB portion ......
Thanks for the Qs  .. and
c'y'all
next one  GLWCDR

73 Gus  VO1MP