[3830] ARRLDX CW K1XM(@W1KM) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, youngp@hp.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1XM(@W1KM) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:52:58 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1XM
Operator(s): NB1B, W1FJ, W1KM, K1XM, K3NA
Station: W1KM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  303    68
   80: 1099    97
   40: 1605   115
   20: 1956   118
   15:  861   108
   10:   46    26
-------------------
Total: 5870   532  Total Score = 9,333,408

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Stations were five Ten-Tec Orion transceivers with two Acom,
one AL-1500, one AL-1200, and one Alpha 89.

160, 80: 4 squares
40: 4 sq, 3 el @120'
20: 4/4/4(130'), 5 el (90')
15: 6/4/4 (100'), 4 el @60'
10: 4/4/4(90'), 4 el fixed south

Beverages NE, S, W

This was the first year for the 5 el 20 meter antenna and it
was nice to have.  The 10 meter south antenna is not finished
and was used for maybe two QSOs.

The inside of the station has been rebuilt and rewired.  K3NA
and W1FJ put in many hours.  Setting up the station was easier
than it has ever been and we only had some minor problems that
were easily worked around.

We decided to try N1MM for logging this year.  It worked well
although there was some learning curve.  The network was very
reliable which was not true last year.  We'll probably stick
with this software.

Band-by-band:

160:  Dennis, NB1B, was the main operator here.  He did well
      given conditions which appear to have favored stations
      to our south.

80:   Paul, K1XM was the main operator.  He needs to learn how
      to use the logging software and the Orion BEFORE the contest.

40:   This is a tough band for us.  Eric, K3NA did very well.

20:   Al, W1FJ and Greg, W1KM traded off on 20 and 15, with NB1B
      filling in at times.

15:   W1KM and W1FJ here again.

10:   K1XM operated this band in his spare time.  I think we worked
      everything we could hear.

We had a lot of fun this contest!