[3830] RTTY WPX P40G(I2UIY) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, i2uiy@cqww.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX P40G(I2UIY) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 14:05:13 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: P40G
Operator(s): I2UIY
Station: P43P

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

   80:  289   1730
   40:  601   3596
   20:  992   2969
   15:  757   2257
   10:    0      0
------------------
Total: 2639  10552  Prefixes = 700  Total Score = 7,386,400

Club: Pizza & Pasta Contest Club

Comments:

WoW! I really didn't thought it was possible considering that 10m could not help
as it happened in 2004.

Just to make the game more interesting, the main tower (with the only 40m
antenna) had a problem after the twister that hit P43P in September 2004 and
would not rotate more than 20 degrees so it was beaming a little easter than New
England.
Luckyly low bands were rock & rolling and 15/20 were good enough to replace the
QSOs lost on 10m.

The contest went smooth without problems.
With about 6 hours to go I saw that a new World Record was possible but I didn't
thought that I could beat my old 2004 record by almost 1 million points.
SO2R on RTTY is fun and very productive but now I'll need glasses for the next
one!

Being myself the Log-Checker for this contest, I'll ask to someone of the CQWW
Committee to check my log in order to provide enough transparency.

Here is the P40G webpage with some pictures: <http://www.i2uiy.it/p40g.html>.

Thanks to P43P and his nice family for housing me once more.

73 de Paolo, I2UIY/NH7DX