[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3KZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE3KZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 06:10:56 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Milton, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

Total:  QSOs = 308  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 3  Total Score = 73,100

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Big family reunion this weekend. Something over 5 hours of operating time snuck
in between all else that was going on. Congratulations to Brian, VE3MGY, for
pulling that big score for CCO. Friday night, I found my signal getting fuzzy as
I went up past 1900. Too much SWR. Too much RF getting back into the shack. Went
LP at the high end after that. Interesting condition in the last hour of the
contest; as the sunset there was a sudden pileup of about 20 stations through
W4. Was that grey line, packet? Then nada until I pulled the switch. Curious,
but what isn't on 160? With a thunder storm the previous week along with snow,
freezing rain and high winds, nothing should be a surprise.
Thanks for the Q's guys.

73 Bob VE3KZ