[3830] CQ160 SSB NE4S Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne4s@iham.us
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NE4S Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 06:17:41 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: NE4S
Operator(s): NE4S + PACKET
Station: NE4S

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 467  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 10  Total Score = 64,782

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000mp/100W, Inverted L 65'x75', 4 133' radials, all hidden in restricted
suburban lot.  "L" seems to work well on TX, noisy on RX.  Very few EU/DX
stations were heard through the noise.

13 hours was about all I could work, and hear anything through local QRN.  Best
hour rate was 79/h at about 0130Z, first nite.
Next year, will see an RX loop or two, or a hidden Beverage (OG) across lot and
green space by subdivision pond.

Ops were all courteous.  I know the K7 land op did not hear the KH6 he was
accused of QRMing... the 2 that jumped on him should reflect on that comment
posted on cluster.  The band gets so full that we all are close and on top of
each other sometimes.  We just must slip and slide to fit in as best we can.
That incident was the only minor break in the usual good will on 160 that I
saw.

I do wish there was a Single Op Assisted "Low Power" category.  Being Multi for
packet is OK, but being lumped in with the HP guys in the end seems a bit off.

Good event, hope to be there next year.
Now to resync my sleep cycle...
Mike, NE4S