[3830] CQ160 SSB KD0S Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tdravland@pie.midco.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KD0S Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:03:20 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KD0S
Operator(s): KD0S, WD0T
Station: KD0S

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 268  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 2  Total Score = 32,464

Club:

Comments:

Interesting, we threw up the H, fired up about 1/2 hour late, operated for a
while, and then we had a bad smell in the camper.  First thought it was the
propane furnace, but that wasn't it.  Turned out to be the Astron 50A power
supply getting very hot, but only 11A current drain?  Replaced it with a 35A
supply and all was well.  We thought for a while about grabbing the rigs and
running out, not sure if the 5th wheel was going to go up in flames.

Rates were slow, very high noise levels on Friday nite, and I think also Sat.
nite, although I didn't operate as a chest cold kept me off the air.

Any time on the air is fun, and a blessing.  Thanks for all the Q's, 73 God
Bless
Todd WD0T for the KD0S contest team.